Dave Morrow Photography: Learn Star Photography.com Launch

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Learn Star Photography.com Launch

A few months ago while updating some stuff on my website I had an idea... an idea that I thought would make a cool website and change the way people learn about star photography.

When it comes down to it, those of us that want to create pictures or art for that matter shouldn't have to look far and wide to find a way to get started or learn some new and informative tips and tricks. My goal was to create a place for beginners and even well accomplished photographers to come if they wanted to learn more about star and night sky photography or just connect with others that have the same goals in mind.

I know when I started getting into photography it would take me hours to dig through internet articles, tutorials, text, websites and every other option known to man in order to figure out one or two things I wanted to know about photography. Through trial and error eventually I was able to learn enough to produce a picture or two of my liking, but only after wasting a ton of creative energy along the way.
 
In response to these problems I decided to contact one of my favorite star photographers, Michael Shainblum, and see if he was interested in joining up with me to give everyone the information they are looking for in one easy to find place...

Overall photography, art, or any other creative process should not be so much about finding the information needed to get started, but instead devoting that energy to the creation of something you love and want to share with others.

That being said, Michael and I are excited to announce the launch of www.LearnStarPhotography.com which focuses on night sky & star photography education, tutorials, mentoring and workshops. No matter if you're a beginner, intermediate, or expert looking for advice in the shooting or post processing aspects of star photography we got ya covered!

Now that you no longer have to spend countless hours searching for a few tips and tricks to get started, you can get out there and start creating some awesome stuff on your own!

We hope you enjoy the website. What are you waiting for head on over to www.LearnStarPhotography.com and check it out!

The Shot
Well with the launch of the new site, I guess it's only fitting to share a new star picture. This was taken in Big Sur California at McWay Falls. At this point I hadn't yet tested out the D800's ability to take long exposures at high ISO settings, so what better time to give it a run? This shot was captured at ISO640 and an exposure time of 628 seconds. Less a few noisy areas in the photo ( Noise reduction took care of almost all of it ) I was highly impressed with the outcome for such a long exposure. For those of you interested in doing it on your own, all the skill sets required are provided on the new website:) Enjoy!  from www.DaveMorrowPhotography.comSo I figured it was time to give the D800 a run at high ISO and long exposure at the same time. This shot was taken as ISO640 with an exposure time of 628 seconds. I usually don't turn on Long Exposure NR, but for this it's a must. Still a lot of noise in the RAW file, but not enough to destroy the picture. Hope you like it:)

Labels: , , , , ,