Dave Morrow Photography: Rialto Beach Sunrise

Friday, May 25, 2012

Rialto Beach Sunrise

Rialto Beach in La Push is an amazing place to catch the sunrise. I took this picture  a few months back on a weekend trip to the coast.

TIP: Leading Lines in Nature and the Golden Ratio
If you are near the ocean and have some waves, you can always use these as "natural" leading lines. In this picture I set my subject up around the right side PHI line the horizontal direction. Then I used the ocean's waves and the shore line to lead the eye back over to the sunset at the right side. The clouds can also be used as a tool to help the eye move around the photo. I will go more in depth with the Golden Ratio in my next post. For now read up on the link provided above to find out more.

Rialto Sunrise

Labels: ,