Dave Morrow Photography: Photoshop Tutorial: High Pass Sharpening

Friday, January 4, 2013

Photoshop Tutorial: High Pass Sharpening

I should really do these kinda tutorials more often, but I always get caught up processing the pictures and forget:( The tutorial at the bottom of the post covers my favorite and most often used sharpening method. Nik Sharpener also works wonders, sometimes I use both...

You can find all my tutorials at: www.DaveMorrowPhotography.com/learnphotography

The Shot
Walking around downtown Seattle the first night after getting my Nikkor 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye opened other worlds for me. I also had a run in with the usual power tripping security guard. He came up to me and told me that I would need to stop taking pictures of the building. Of course I responded with a line on how it was never illegal to take pictures. He proceeded to tell me he would call the cops. This was a great time to slam him for not being able to do the job himself... I went ahead with the diss, and he filed a hurt feelings report. Needless to say he eventually stood to the side as I snapped off a few shots... On a different note, this fisheye captures massive file sizes this one was 62MB and had to be downsized for the post. Enjoy!
Fuckin' Security
Buy a Limited Edition Print of this picture

High Pass Sharpening Tutorial

Labels: , , , , ,