Dave Morrow Photography: Endless - Vik, Iceland

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Endless - Vik, Iceland

Do any of you Nikon D800 owners get a bunch of strangely colored pixels when you take long exposure ( 30 seconds+ ) + high ISO star shots? I have been seeing a bunch showing up in the lower ( foreground ) part of my Milky Way shots. Checking back to some older shots from last year I did not notice the issue... Interesting.

Who is interested in learning my Star Photography Post Processing Workflow, I have a new group workshop date that recently opened up. Full details and signup at my Online Post Processing Group Workshop Page.

The Shot
For all you world travelers out there, if you ever decide to head over to Iceland and want to avoid the Rain and nasty weather, stay away from Vik. It seems to be raining there every time I drive through, on the other hand it's an awesome town that I highly suggest everyone visit. The black sand beaches and beautiful fog are worth your while. I like driving through this part of Iceland late at night when the weather is really moving around and the ocean waves are rising and falling just over the hill you can see in the distance.

Post Processing Info ( Grab some discount codes to the programs below at bottom of About Me Page )
Processing Time: 15 minutes
  1. Single Exposure at -1EV / f/11 / 1/6th of a second / ISO 100
  2. Adjust RAW file in LR4 bringing out shadow details and highlights along with a small increase in vibrancy and decrease in saturation.
  3. Export to JPEG.
Photoshop CS5
  1. Midtones curves adjustment & bright highlights curves adjustment
  2. Sharpen & noise reduction using Nik Software
  3. DONE!
read more at www.DaveMorrowPhotography.com

Labels: , , , ,