Dave Morrow Photography: The Hidden Grotto - Ruckel Creek, OR

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Hidden Grotto - Ruckel Creek, OR

Just walked in the door from an awesome trip to the East Coast. I was able to explore Philly and catch a great sunset or two as well as spend some time with my family, which is always really nice. This coming weekend is the start of my Star Photography Workshop season. The June workshops are completely sold out, but you can still grab a spot in the July 12th, or July 13th workshop, there are only 2 spots left so act quickly. Full details here on my Summer Star Photography Workshops Page.

The Shot
Mossy Grotto falls as some call it is an amazing fall a few miles up the Ruckel Creek Trailhead. It will take some exploring to find, but I consider the adventure to be well worth it. Many people like to leave early and catch this fall in the morning, I took this shot around 7:30PM and things still seemed to work out OK. Just make sure you have a headlamp if you climb up that way at night, because it gets dark pretty quickly in the dense forest...

Labels: , , , ,