Dave Morrow Photography: Split Decision - Jonsrud Viewpoint, Oregon

Monday, October 28, 2013

Split Decision - Jonsrud Viewpoint, Oregon

Just getting back from an internet hiatus and a really nice trip to China which allowed me to reset my motivation and inspiration as well as get moving on a few projects that I have wanted to start. I also just posted my in depth review on how I have started to use the Google Nexus 10 as my full time travel device. I put a lot of detail and work into this, so I think you will really like it:)


Workshops Update:
New Star Photography Online Post Processing Group Workshop dates have just been added along with my 2014 In the Field Star Photography Group Workshop Schedule. Grab a spot before they sell out, half of the In the Field Workshop spots have already sold.

In terms of the trip to China we accomplished everything we wanted to, and thankfully the weather played along. I just got done processing the first D800 picture from the trip last night, but tried to post some with my iPhone here and there while on the road. As always you can find all of these pictures in my Behind the Scenes Album over on good ole' SmugMug. Here are a few of my favorite locations that we were able to shoot at.
Riding bikes in Yangshuo China
Paul Weeks & I Riding Bikes in Yangshuo China / D800
Testing out my Nexus 10 in Hong Kong.
A Boat Crusing Through Hong Kong Harbor / Nexus 10
Bamboo Rafting on the Lijiang River in China
Bamboo Rafting Down the Lijiang River, China / iPhone 4

 

The Shot

I have been to this location a bunch of times to shoot in the past and it's really hit or miss with the weather. At times you can see Mt. Hood jutting out in the distance, at others you can't see a thing. Well the morning of this particular shot the only thing I could see was the foreground fog and blazing sun pouring through it, here is what came after a run through Nik Silver Efex.
from www.DaveMorrowPhotography.com

Labels: , , ,